Application Deadline: December 1, 2016 (Summer 2017 Admissions)
We are pleased you have chosen to learn more about the opportunities that await you at Georgetown University. Whether this is your first time visiting this page or you have been here many times before, we hope you will find it to be a clear and effective way to discover more about Global Infectious Diseases, Ph.D. program!
Application Materials required:
- Application Form
- Non-refundable Application Fee
- Statement of Purpose (500 words: this academic statement of purporse should describe your academic and professional goals and their fit with the Global Infectious Diseases graduate program.)
- Resume/CV (including publications, if applicable)
- Official Transcripts
- Official Recommendations
- Official Score Report for the GRE General Test
- Official Score Report for the TOEFL/IELTS
General Qualifications and Prerequisites:
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) is required, though 3.5 or higher is preferred.
- GRE General Test scores in the top quartile are preferred.
- Previous research experience is not required
For applicants awarded a stipend in the PhD program, the stipend is $28,500 for the FY14 fiscal year. An average of 5 students are accepted each year. Thesis research tuition for PhD students is $5,500 per annum and Fellows' tuition and several other fees are covered by the University, in addition to their stipend.
Detailed information pertaining to loans and scholarships from external sources can be obtained from the Office of Student Financial Services. Please visit our Student Support page for information about funding available from external sources for graduate students. A special program entitled CONACYT is available for students from Mexico.
(Click here for Graduate Tuition Information)
Housing for Full-Time Students:
For full-time students, inquiries should be directed to the Off-Campus Housing Office.
Submitting Your Application:
Any application materials that must be mailed should be addressed to:
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Office of Graduate Admissions
Attn: Credentials - (Global Infectious Diseases)
3520 Prospect Street, NW, Room CB-207
Washington, DC 20057-1004
John Casey, PhD